Before using the website www.hackershire.com, Customers are required to read the following Regulations
1. The website operating under the address www.hackershire.com is run by WEB LEADERS SPÓŁKA Z OGRANICZONĄ ODPOWIEDZIALNOŚCIĄ (WEB LEADERS SPÓŁKA WITH LIMITED LIABILITY) entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs conducted by the District Court Katowice-Wschód in Katowice, VIII Economic Department of the National Court Register under the KRS number: 0000871398, NIP: 6342984273, REGON: 387616994, business address and address for delivery: 4 Wincentego Janasa Street, 40-855 Katowice, electronic mail address (e-mail): [email protected]
2. The Service operates in accordance with the rules set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
3. The Regulations specify the types and scope of services provided electronically by the www.hackershire.com website, the rules for the provision of these services, the conditions for entering into and termination of agreements on the provision of services by electronic means, as well as the complaint procedure.
4. Each User, as soon as he starts using Electronic Services of the www.hackershire.com website, is obliged to comply with the provisions of these Regulations.
5. The Website and the Service Provider do not sell the services presented on the Website. Within the Site, Service Provider provides only those services indicated in § 3 of the Terms and Conditions.
6. The website is not a party to legal relations between the Service Recipients, resulting from and directly related to the posted advertisements.
7. Recipients are responsible for the consequences of non-performance or improper performance of their mutual obligations. Service Provider shall not be involved in transactions between Users and Hackers, and disputes arising between them. Therefore, the conclusion and implementation of transactions between users and hackers, and any payments on this account, take place directly between the recipients.
8. The conclusion and execution of the Sales Agreement is carried out directly between the Service Recipients themselves. The provider is therefore not responsible for the quality, origin, payment or suitability of the services provided by the recipients to each other.
9. The service provider is not responsible for the lack of interest in the posted notice.
10. It is the Users responsibility to ensure that the descriptive content of advertisements presented on the Site and their availability are up to date and consistent with facts. The content of the announcement should be prepared by the User in a truthful, reliable and complete manner and must not mislead other Service Recipients, in particular as to the nature or characteristics of.
11. The Website prohibits the presentation and provision of services prohibited by generally applicable laws.
12. All trade names, product names, company names and their logos used on the Website at www.hackershire.com belong to their respective owners and are used for identification purposes only. They may be registered trademarks. All materials, descriptions and photographs presented on the Website at www.hackershire.com are used for informational purposes.
13. In matters not regulated by these Regulations, the provisions of:
13.1. civil code,
13.2. Consumer Rights Act of 30 May 2014.,
13.3. Law on Copyright and Related Rights of February 4, 1994.,
13.4. the Act on Providing Services by Electronic Means of 18 July 2002.
13.5. and other relevant provisions of Polish law.
1. Registration Form - a form available on the Website allowing to create User Account or Hacker Account. The Registration Form enables the creation of an Account corresponding to a specific Service Recipient. A prerequisite for creating an Account on the Site is reading and accepting the Terms of Service. Each Recipient is responsible for the confidentiality of his password.
2. ADVERTISING FORM - a form available on the Website after logging in to a User Account, allowing to place an announcement on the Website.
3. CONSUMER - a natural person who makes a legal transaction with an entrepreneur which is not directly connected to his/her economic or professional activity.
4. USER ACCOUNT (PANEL) - a set of resources in Service Providers ICT system, marked with individual name (login) and password given by the User, in which Users data are collected.
6. NEWSLETTER - Electronic Service allowing the Customer to subscribe to and receive to the e-mail address provided by the Customer free information from the Service Provider concerning the Site.
7. Product - a service visible on the Website which is the subject of a Sales Agreement between User and Hacker.
8. Terms and Conditions - these regulations of the Service.
9. SERVICE - the Service Providers website operating at www.hackershire.com.
10. USER, ADVERTISER - Customer who places an ad with an offer to provide a specific service for him/her.
11. HAKER, ENTERTAINER - Service Recipient who concludes or has concluded a Sales Agreement with the User.
12. SALE AGREEMENT - an Agreement for Sale of a service concluded between Hacker and User outside the Service.
13. SALE AGREEMENT - an Agreement for Sale of a service concluded between Hacker and User outside the Service.
14. SERVICE PROVIDER - WEB LEADERS SPÓŁKA Z OGRANICZONĄ ODPOWIEDZIALNOŚCIĄ registered in the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court Katowice-Wschód in Katowice, VIII Economic Department of the National Court Register under the KRS number: 0000871398, NIP: 6342984273, REGON: 387616994, business and delivery address: 4 Wincentego Janasa Street, 40-855 Katowice.
15. Electronic SERVICE - a service provided electronically by the Service Provider to the Client via the Website.
1. Through the Website, the Service Provider enables the use of Electronic Services such as:
1.1. maintaining an Account in one of two available variants:
a) User Account,
b) Hacker Account,
1.2. Announcement Form,
2. Provision of Services to Service Recipients on the Website is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Regulations.
3. Service Provider has the right to place advertising content on the Website. Such content constitutes an integral part of the Website and the materials presented therein.
1. Provision of Electronic Services specified in § 3 points 1.1 and 1.3 of the Regulations by the Service Provider is free.
2. Provision of Electronic Services specified in § 3 point 1.2 of the Regulations by the Service Provider is paid depending on the selected option according to the price list of the Site.
3. Płatności, o których mowa w pkt 2 niniejszego rozdziału należy dokonywać za pośrednictwem elektronicznych serwisów płatności HOTPAY - HOTPAY B2B SPÓŁKA Z OGRANICZONĄ ODPOWIEDZIALNOŚCIĄ z siedzibą w 27-Go Stycznia 9, 34-120 Andrychów, Polska KRS: 0000873149, NIP: 5512647167, Strona: www.hotpay.pl
4. In the case of payments via electronic payment services, the User shall make payment before the service is rendered. Electronic payment services enable payment by quick transfer from selected Polish banks.
5. Credit card and e-transfer transactions are settled through HOTPAY www.hotpay.pl.
6. Period for which the contract is concluded:
6.1. the agreement for the provision of Electronic Services consisting in maintaining an Account is concluded for an indefinite period of time,
6.2. an agreement for the provision of Electronic Services consisting of the placement of an advertisement by the User on the Website is concluded for a definite period of time and is terminated upon the expiry of the period for which it was concluded:
a) the service is not automatically renewed,
b) In the case of changes in the Regulations, the service started for a given announcement will be provided on the previous rules. If the validity of an announcement comes to an end, its renewal will be carried out in accordance with the changes in the Regulations, after their acceptance by the User,
c) The user posting an advertisement shall make every effort to ensure that the data posted by him is up-to-date,
6.3. agreement on provision of Electronic Service consisting in using the Newsletter is concluded for an indefinite period of time.
7. Technical requirements necessary for cooperation with the tele-information system used by the Service Provider:
7.1. computer or mobile device with internet access,
7.2. email access,
7.3. web browser,
7.4. web browser.
8. The Customer is obliged to use the Site in a manner consistent with the law and good practice, taking into account respect for personal rights and intellectual property rights of third parties.
9. The Customer is obliged to enter data in accordance with the facts.
10. The Customer is prohibited from submitting content of an unlawful nature.
11. Service Provider reserves the right to refuse to publish, edit or delete content, including advertisements and photos, whose nature violates the provisions of these Terms of Service, the provisions of commonly applicable law, in particular when they contain elements of:
11.1. commonly regarded as offensive,
11.2. of a racist nature,
11.3. that constitute criminal offences or acts of unfair competition,
11.4. infringing copyrights and intellectual property rights,
11.5. misleading to customers,
11.6. advertising other services, including services competing with www.hackershire.com,
11.7. that is SPAM or promotional material,
11.8. containing announcements of contest activities organized without the consent of the Service.
12. The Service Provider reserves the right to remove a given announcement from the Site, informing the User at the same time, if the Service Provider has obtained knowledge, reasonable suspicion or relevant official information that by placing a given announcement on the Site, the User has violated, attempted to violate, circumvented or tried to circumvent generally applicable laws or the provisions of these Regulations, in particular has acted or attempted to act to the detriment of other Clients or third parties, including failure to perform the agreement concluded with other Users.
1. Termination of an agreement for the provision of Electronic Services:
1.1. the agreement on provision of Electronic Services of continuous and unlimited character (e.g. maintaining the Account, Newsletter) may be terminated,
1.2. Customer may terminate the contract with immediate effect and without giving reasons by sending an appropriate statement via e-mail to the address: [email protected] or by deleting the Account,
1.3. The Service Provider may terminate the agreement for electronic services consisting of posting an ad on the Site, if the Client violates the Terms and Conditions, in particular if he provides illegal content, after an ineffective prior request to cease violations by setting an appropriate period of notice. In such a case, the agreement expires 7 days after the submission of a declaration of intent to terminate it (notice period),
1.4. termination leads to termination of the legal relationship with future effect.
2. The Service Provider and the Customer may terminate the contract for the provision of Electronic Services on the Website at any time by mutual agreement.
1. Complaints relating to the provision of Electronic Services by the Service Provider:
1.1. Complaints relating to the provision of Electronic Services through the Site may be made by the Customer via e-mail to: [email protected]
1.2. In the above-mentioned e-mail message, please provide as much information and circumstances regarding the subject matter of the complaint as possible, in particular the type and date of occurrence of the irregularity and your contact details. The information provided will greatly facilitate and expedite consideration of the complaint by the Service Provider,
1.3. the complaint shall be considered by the Service Provider immediately, no later than within 14 days,
1.4. The Service Providers response to a complaint is sent to the Clients e-mail address as provided in the complaint form or in any other way specified by the Client.
1. Subject to point 3 of this paragraph, the User who is also a Consumer who has entered into a remote agreement with the Service Provider, may withdraw from it without giving reasons, making a statement in writing within 14 days. To meet this deadline it is sufficient to send a statement of withdrawal.
2. The fourteen-day period within which the Consumer may withdraw from the contract shall be counted from the day on which the Consumer concluded the contract for the provision of services.
3. The right of withdrawal from a distance contract shall not apply to the Consumer in the case of a contract:
3.1. in which the subject matter of the provision is a service, if the trader has performed a service fully with the express consent of the Consumer, who was informed before the start of the provision, that after its performance by the trader will lose the right to withdraw from the contract,
3.2. for the supply of digital content which is not recorded on a tangible medium if the performance has begun with the consumers express consent before the end of the withdrawal period and after the trader has informed the consumer about the loss of the right of withdrawal.
1. All content placed on the website at www.hackershire.com are protected by copyright and (with the exception of content posted by Customer and elements used under license, transfer of copyright or fair use) are the property of WEB LEADERS SPÓŁKA Z OGRANICZONĄ ODPOWIEDZIALNOŚCIĄ entered in the Register of Entrepreneurs conducted by the District Court Katowice-Wschód in Katowice, VIII Economic Department of the National Court Register under the KRS number: 0000871398, NIP: 6342984273, REGON: 387616994. The recipient shall be fully liable for any damage caused to the Service Provider resulting from the use of any content of www.hackershire.com website, without the consent of the Service Provider..
2. Any use by anyone, without the express written consent of the Service Provider, of any of the elements comprising the content of www.hackershire.com constitutes an infringement of copyright vested in the Service Provider and results in civil and criminal liability.
3. The Client, when submitting digital content to the Website, shall be solely responsible for any infringement of copyrights and related rights as well as personal rights of third parties on this account, and if any person makes any claims or demands against the Website or the Service Provider in this respect, I agree to indemnify the Website or the Service Provider against any liability and to fully satisfy any claims of third parties.
a.i.1. The Service Provider shall take all available measures to protect the Clients data.
a.i.2. The Service Provider undertakes not to transfer the Clients data to third parties unless there is an appropriate legal basis for doing so.
a.i.3. Each User is obliged to do the following
a.i.4. make every effort to ensure that the data and announcements available on the Website are complete and up-to-date and presented with due diligence, taking into account the existing factual and legal circumstances, within the limits permitted by law and in full compliance with the law.
a.i.5. Clients are fully responsible for breaking the law or causing damage by their actions on the Site, in particular by providing false data, disclosing classified information or other secrets protected by law, violating personal rights or copyrights and related rights, and processing Clients personal data in a manner inconsistent with the purposes of the Site or in violation of data protection regulations.
a.i.6. The Service Provider undertakes, to the extent possible, to inform the Clients in advance about possible interruptions in the functioning of the Site, in particular about interruptions in access.
a.i.7. The Service Provider shall not be liable to Clients who are not Consumers:
a) for any direct or indirect damages or losses (including damages for loss of business profits, business interruption or loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use, inability to use, or malfunction of the Services software, or damages caused by the shutdown or failure of an information and communication system, or power grid failure,
b) in connection with improper use of the Site by Client who is not a Consumer and improper functioning of computer equipment, computer software or communication system by means of which Client connects to the Site system,
c) for any damage resulting from errors, failures and interruptions in the functioning of the Site or caused by incorrect recording or reading of data downloaded by Clients,
d) for disruptions in the proper functioning of the Site, as well as loss of data of Clients who are not Consumers resulting from force majeure or third parties,
f) for inability to log on to the Site system due to, in particular: connection quality, ICT system or power grid failure, incorrect software configuration of Service Recipients who are not Consumers,
g) for the consequences related to the loss of the password.
1. Agreements concluded through the Service are concluded in accordance with Polish law.
2. Changes made by the Service Provider to the Terms and Conditions of the Site shall be binding on the Client provided that the Client has been properly informed of the changes and has not terminated the agreement for provision of services by electronic means within 14 days from the date of notification by the Site to the Client of the changes.
3. Any disputes arising between the Service Provider and the Client will be settled primarily by negotiation, with the intention of settling the dispute amicably. However, if this is not possible or if it is unsatisfactory for either party, the dispute will be settled by the competent court of law in accordance with point 4 of this paragraph.
4. Judicial settlement of disputes:
4.1. Any disputes arising between the Service Provider and the Client who is also a Consumer shall be submitted to the competent courts in accordance with the provisions of the Civil Procedure Code of 17 November 1964.,
4.2. Any disputes arising between the Service Provider and a Client who is not a consumer shall be submitted to the competent court for the place of the Service Providers headquarters.
5. A Customer who is a Consumer also has the right to use out-of-court dispute resolution methods, in particular by submitting, after the complaint procedure, a request for mediation or a request for the case to be examined by an arbitration court (the request may be downloaded at http://www.uokik.gov.pl/download.php?plik=6223). The list of Permanent Consumer Arbitration Courts operating at the Regional Trade Inspection Inspectorates is available at: http://www.uokik.gov.pl/wazne_adresy.php#faq596). A consumer may also use the free assistance of a county (municipal) consumer ombudsman or a social organization whose statutory tasks include consumer protection. Out-of-court settlement of claims after the complaint procedure is free of charge.
6. In order to resolve a dispute amicably, a consumer may in particular file a complaint via the ODR (Online Dispute Resolution) platform available at: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.